Do you feel as though you never fully switch off?
Right now the combination of physical stress, metabolic stress and mental and emotional stress on all of us has never been higher. Experts recognise it and we all recognise it. We rarely have time to switch off, rest and recuperate fully, and there us a long-term cost to our health and happiness as a result. Over time stress builds and it has consequences physically, mentally and emotionally.
It’s a common experience for people to spend a lot of time and energy treating these downstream consequences of stress without actually recognising or addressing the cause of the problem.
Some effects of stress can include:
- Physical tensions and pain
- Digestive problems or disorders
- Relationship problems or problems with relating to others (colleagues etc)
- Anxiety, depression or other mood and emotional disorders
- Immune system problems, often getting sick, or autoimmune disorders
- Sleep problems
- Headaches or migraines
- Reproductive problems, sexual dysfunction or reduced libido
- Feeling overwhelmed or having panic attacks
- Feeling fatigued or regularly low in energy
- High levels of stress in one or more areas of your life (work or family, etc)
- Or just feeling like things are not quite right with your body, mind or health overall
How stress affects each of us is different, and any of these things can exist in isolation and, when that is the case, may or may not be related to stress. Often if more than one (or any of the signs of stress) are present then stress becomes a more likely underlying cause. Reducing the impact of this stress on your brain and body is central to the care we provide here at NCC.
If at any time during your care with us that you would be better served by other techniques or professionals, we will do our best to refer you to the right person. We maintain strong relationships with a great network of professional and skilled practitioners that we trust.
For your next appointment with our chiropractors, call us today.